No announcement yet.

Prewound Bobbin Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I don't reply to often to questions but tonight I felt the need. I have used nothing but Coats bobbins since I bought my machine, both colors, black and white. I wish I could comment on some others but I have never had a serious issue with the Coats. I think I have had 3 bobbins I needed to throw away out of I don't know how many boxes.
    But here is the real reason I chimmed in. I am working on hats and this design was giving me a fit in one area. The hat is about 5 layers of mat'l and a real heavy fill over the seam. Break after break, you know the drill. Working with an 80/12 needle. On the way home from full time job thought about this and decided to try 65/10 when I set up tonight (spread mat'l less generating less heat). Great balls of fire it worked, 7 hats and only 2 thraed breaks. Just something to try the next time you have the same issue.
    Bye for now

Comment

Wow. I would have thought the slimmer needle would have flexed more and caused you more problems rather than fixing them. I generally go bigger on needles for hats, especially thick designs. May have to rethink that. I'll keep that tip in my pocket in case I need it.

Would you clarify that needle choice. Was it a 65/9 or 70/10? Didn't know there was a 65/10 needle. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X