adjusting the pressure foot for hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting the pressure foot for hats

working with the amaya is still new to me and i would like to know how to set the pressure foot for running hats as oppose to running flat products.

I do it two clicks up from bottom and at a 10-12 actifeed.

Comment

I set my machine at about 3 clicks from the top (all the way up and back down 3 clicks) and go from there. If I see too much indention on the hat from the presser foot, I go up one more. If I get loops, I go down one more.

I use the auto actifeed with a lower limit of 7 or 8 depending on the hat.

Comment

How do you change the lower limit?

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

In the settings tab there is a option under thread feed to set the lower limit of the auto actifeed. It keeps the machine from going to a setting of 1 or two then jumping to 10 and back again. This could create loops in the design.

By changing lower limit, you can prevent such a drastic change in thread feed and thread tension.

I do the same for polo shirts. I set the lower limit to 3. I let it go down to 1 on wovens if it wants to. Towels and fleece I set at 6.

Comment

Pure embroidery,

I have looked at my settings tab&gt;thread feed but i do not see the setting you are referencing. Can you take a look again to see if there is another tab or something?

OS 7.00.045 is my version
            Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Nope. That's where it is. Not sure what my version of OS is. I just got it about 2 months ago, so I assume it is the most recent.

In the thread feed tab, look about half way down on the right side. There is a box there where you set the lower limit for the actifeed.

Comment

hmmm...mine doesnt have that. i'll call melco to see whatup.
                Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Just spoke to Melco. the latest version is 57 so they are sending me a new cd to install. Yay!

Comment

setting - Thread Feed tab is the correct place to look but your software version isn't new enough to have the lower limit in it. It will be there when you get your new software.
                    Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
                    X