thread spool change to small spool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread spool change to small spool

How do i change my thread cone from the large to the small cone. ... It does not fit like the big cones does. please help, cant d job....

You put a round cardboard disk onto the spindle, then put the small cone on top. I forget what they're called but you can order them from MelcoMart.

Barb in Broomfield, Colorado
    Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Small cones require a platform to sit on. Melco sells a 3" circle tagboard disc that looks like a coaster with a hole punched out of the center for the post to go through. You can make your own.
      Janel Pinneke<br />Silver Star Embroidery

Comment

Hi there. That's what the thread coasters are for.

As long as the spool fits over the thread tube:

1) Put a coaster on first (the round cardboard thingie with the hole in the middle)
        2) Put your small spool on.
        3) Go as usual.

BUT
        If the small spool does not fit over the thread tube:

1) Find a place close to the machine where you can set it on a desk, etc.
        2) Tie it on and feed as usual. This works best when you use needle numbers 3,6,9,12 or 15./
        HTH,
        Judy

Comment

thanks so much... this is great.

Comment

If you bought your amaya from melco, there would be a handful of the coasters in there. After you put your small spool on, you also need to push the thread tube 'down' until it only sticks up about an inch or less. Don't let it stick up there the full length for the tall spools. Thread will wrap around the tube and get too tight.

Comment

I didn't like using the paper coasters, the thread would sometimes spin around and make a mess. So....I cut a 4" x 2" piece of cutaway backing, folded it in half and cut a small slit in the middle. I place this over the thread holder and place the small spool over that. It sure helps the cone to stay put.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
              Bee Embroidered
              www.BeeEmbroidered.com
              (916) 635-7467
              Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Working...
              X