Lettering & Bobbin Breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettering & Bobbin Breaks

I know this issue has come up before but - I am trying to embroider the Open Block or Full Block lettering (I've tried both) in .35, I have set the density to 4.0, I have changed the material feed, I have changed the width of the lettering, but I continue to have false bobbin breaks. I have tried embroidering on 2 weights of cotton, light weight denim all with the same results. I am using the prewound bobbin thread - is that the problem? However, I can embroider other things without the bobbin breaks. Please help!
    Beckie
    Bee-Utiful Creations
    [email protected]
    Beckie Henderson<br />Bee-Utiful Creations

Personally for lettering that is .35, I would not use a 4.0 density. I would probably go to at least 5.0, also check your short stitches. With the smaller lettering, it is somtimes helpful to turn off the short stitches.
    JMO

LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

Hi Beckie. Try tightening your bobbin tension, and/or adding MORE stabilizer.

Judy

Comment

I believe I have the short stitches turned off - I will check - also what type of prewound bobbins is best to use?
        Beckie Henderson<br />Bee-Utiful Creations

Comment

And make sure you have NO extra underlayment turned on...all your melco fonts already have it built in.
          Extra underlayment helps for larger letters, I do it all the time to 'puff' the lettering up a little-but on mini letters it will help snap thread or give you false bobbin readings.
          Double check your pressor foot also!

Comment

Underlay already built in?? Better double check, the only one I am aware of is Micro Times.
            Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

that's what they told me in training and I think it's in the manual somewhere...not to add underlayment because it is in there for all the Melco fonts.
              Jeff....can you confirm this?

Comment

Melco fonts are digitized for embroidery but they do not have underlayment already added with the exception of the 3 Micro fonts, those 3 you do not want to add underlay.
                Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

I think Aaron is right on this one. Although, there may be a few of the specialty Alphabets that have underlay as well. I will try and get a list and forward it to all of you. What may have been told to you in class is that most, and I say most of the alphabets already digitized have tie out stitches in them. None of them have tie in stitches. There are exceptions. None of the alphabets with the DAK at the ends will have Tie Stitches of any kind. And of course, none of the TT Fonts will have underlay or ties stitches as these are Windows Fonts that are converted to embroidery letters when used in the lettering.

Jeff

Comment

I took all of the tie in and tie out stitches in my alphabets and then set my lock/trib tab to put them in by default. I notice my machines mistrim alot less after doing this. This also prevents double tie ins or outs when they are built into the alphabet and then set in the Lock/Trim tab also.

You can put all the tie ins and outs back in later if you want to.

This brings up an interesting question for you Jeff. I took all of them out but when I loaded new software would it put them back or is it taking the info from the previous install and leaving them out?

Comment

If you de-select installing alphabets when you install a new version and only install the program files then it will leave it alone. If you re-install alphabets then they will be back to the default of having the digitized Tie Stitches in them. This is assuming you are installing to the same location as the previous install. If you install to a new folder, then it is like installing for the first time.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the info Jeff. I just removed all my locks again cause I installed it to a new folder so I can keep track of which software is loaded where since I have like 3 or 4 versions on my computer [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yo Herbie.....Micro Block has a built in centerwalk too.....;-}}
                          Rod
                          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
                          X