Needle plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle plate

My machine isn't trimming! It goes through the motions and all but can't seem to cut all the time. (causing problems).
    Melco told me to remove needle plate and clean inside. I have a tiny piece of thread wrapped around something behind the rotary hook!I can't get the thread to come loose. What should I do?

If you have the needle plate off, blow out the loose stuff, then find your little mini bottle brush and get in with that-you may find more thread. Then grab a good pair of tweezers and start working the threads out that are stuck in there. Remember-have the machine SHUT OFF so there is no chance of anything moving while your fingers are in there.
    If you reach up under the 'belly of the beast' you will find the 'drive shaft' rod up in the housing-and you can turn that with your hand and move the bobbin stuff around while you pull on thread and it should release. Then make this a habit to clean out under that plate more often-or anytime you get a 'birdsnest' in a sewout-that's a good sign loose thread is going to be in there.

Comment

Working...
    X