Amaya XT Laser Adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya XT Laser Adjustment?

I cannot figure out how to adjust the laser on my XT. It is about 1/2 inch off. Any pointers out there? Thanks.

I have a tech coming out tomorrow, and maybe he can help me out with it if noone knows for sure.

Thanks.

i would like to know this also. please post the process if the tech shows u.
    Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Something one needs to remember about the "laser" on the Amaya's.....it is not ment to be a "centering" device. Altho we all fudge and try to use it for exactly that, it doesn't work because the laser light shines down at an angle from the right to the left, and as the material thickness gets greater the laser will contact the fabric farther and farther to the right side of center.

The laser is intended to be used for "tracing the design within the hoop boundries and letting you know if the boundry is exceeded. If the laser goes past the dotted line shown in the hoop, there will be a loud beep and it will flash up on your screen...."Hoop Limits Detected!".

But like I mentioned earlier, we all try to use it as a true centering device, we just need to remember the only time it is at the approximiate "true" center" is when thee is not a hoop with material on the machine.

Play with this by putting a dot on a piece of paper, hold down the laser and then raise the paper as straight up toward the needle as you can....you will see the laser appear to move to the right.....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

This procedure can be found on the maintenance CD that came with the machine.
        Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

To center something, I usually put a dot on the fabric, put my hoop on and slip into the machine. I get close with the lazer but then move the hoop a bit and hit the trim sequence (hatch symbol and needle symbol) This is before beginning to stitch any design. Watching to see if the needle hits the dot and you are in the center. Works every time.
          Margaret
          Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
          X