Rubbing noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing noise

Really BAD rubbing noise. I need, desperately, to grease the X axis but can't figure out where that is. Can someone enlighten me?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

I have a Big Red, so this may not apply. It should be included in one of the regular lubrication procedures listed in your Operator's Manual. The x axis rails are the rods that the pantograph rides on to move from side to side. Let us know if this doesn't get you there and I'll try to describe it better.

Comment

To add to what Mamma Kass mentioned.....take off the rubber dust caps off of the pantograph ends, you will see the metal rods Mamma is talking about, depress the E-stop or have the machine turned off, push or pull the X axis carriage to either the far left or far right. Dab "multi-purpose" grease on the metal rods and then move the X axis carriage to the other side and repeat the dabbing process. Be careful on the "left" side of the pantograph as there is a laser in the center area of the top portion of the pantograph and it does not like any grease or debris to coat its surface or it will not allow the X axis to center properly....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

mIGHT BE THE CABLE AS WELL WHICH IS AN EASY ADJUSTMENT ONCE YOU GET THE INEXPENSIVE GAUGE FROM mELCO. bEST BUY FROM THEM! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X