Big Red vs. XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Red vs. XT

I purchased my Big Red in 2004. It's definitely been a workhorse and there are so many things I like about it. The stitch quality has been adequate but I think it could be better. Just wondering if there's anyone that upgraded from the Big Red to a newer model and would be willing to share their thoughts.

Thanks! This board has been a great source of information.

Lou
    Lou Frazier<br />In House Specialties, Inc.

We have 3 reds.

I can safely say stitch quality is a function of good digitizing, maintenance, and having the latest software.

I'm pretty certain upgrading the machine isn't going to upgrade your results enough to be worth it.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I just put the second of my new XTS machines online. I replaced 2 big reds with these and am sewing caps this morning. I'll post results as soon as I get good information.
      Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Herb, you're gonna love them!
        Sharon
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Just my opinion..

Finished 8 dozen caps with the 2 news XTS and 1 XT.
          New machines were run at 1150 spm. XT at 1000. New machines are quieter overall. A few thread breaks that I could not associate with machines issues. Quality of sewout is better than the Big Reds these replaced. Love the new cap drivers. Running newest release of OS as well as a Beta version. No software issues at this point..
          Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

If you are interested in a new machine I would be more than happy to walk you through the differences between the xts and the Bravo. The machines are physically the same, but since you have software you could get into a new Bravo for 8595.00 which includes 2 days of onsite training by a certified melco trainer.
            Encore Embroidery<br /><br />Nancy Rasmussen<br />Certified Trainer<br />Bravo Sales<br />Certified Technician (Amaya&EMC/EMT)

Comment

Onsite meaning your facilities in Colorado, not onsite at the persons business

Comment

Onsite means at your place of business. A trainer will come to you. You may also go to training in Colorado. The question to ask is which will be less expensive. The Colorado way requires lodging, food and travel expenses and the time away from home.
                Margaret
                Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

We only do training at your place of business. Melco inside sales people do not sell the Bravo. I'd be happy to discuss the details with you if you would like to call sometime. Thanks, Lonny
                  Encore Embroidery<br /><br />Nancy Rasmussen<br />Certified Trainer<br />Bravo Sales<br />Certified Technician (Amaya&EMC/EMT)

Comment

Working...
                  X