laser / alignment tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser / alignment tool

I have a ton of caps that have a vertical design that has to be perfectly centered along the cap seam. Is there a way to use the realignment tool to do this? I pulled the info on how to set it up out of the XT manual but I can not seem to get it to work correctly for this vertical design. Any suggestions?

Since I want it to be perfectly centered along the seam I set my vector line points on the center line of the design bottom and top. Is this wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

cindy in phoenix

I don't know if the lazar alignment would work easlily but I put a short line with long stitches in the center of the design. It usually doesn't catch but will let the needle stitch in the ditch. If it does catch I can pull it out and continue stitching the cap.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Laser is not exactly centered. It will get you close. Do a bottom center on your needle to see if you are on the seam.

Comment

The laser is not intended for helping with exact placement. It's a guide and, as Rod pointed out in a recent posting, since it is "shoots" down from an angle to the right of the needle any depth of fabric will throw off the exact placement. I also digitize a line or manual stitch point at the beginning of a design if exact placement is needed and test it with a bottom center before starting.

Comment

What you are referring to as a laser alignment is not for alignment. It is a laser light whose sole purpose is to trace your design to make sure you are within the sewing area of the hoop you have assigned. As the materials you sew are thicker, the light will move toward the back and to the right. This is because of the angle of the light coming in from the right side of the machine where it is mounted. I know that if you are sewing a very flat piece of fabric, the light will show just about a needle's width to the right of center so sometimes it will give a "close to center" but that is not its purpose.
          Sharon
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have placed a running stitch up the middle of the cap and also doing a bottom center. What I am having trouble with is the running stitching veers to the right or the left of the center cap seam as it stitches upward on about every other cap. I am taking great care to hoop straight, at least I think I am. I am just trying figure out how to combat this issue without it taking so much time. that is why I was wondering if the laser/realignment tool worked for this type of design.

Comment

If this is an unconstracted cap or one with a heavy seam down the center, you might try using an additional piece of cap backing because the sewing arm may be riding up the seam toward the crown of the cap and being forced to move off of the center seam--it is pushing it so the stitching wouldn't follow the center seam....pushing it off center...just a thought.
              Sharon

Comment

Oops, it is late and I don't have my glasses on. I meant unconstructed cap!

Comment

Working...
                X