column width varience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• column width varience

Weird thing. I have 2 XT's running side by side. I noticed that I get a little puckering around letters on one of the machines. I ran the same job on both and noticed that the one with the slight puckering also has a slightly larger column width. I checked all settings that I can think of and they all match. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

How is your cable tension?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

When was the last time the X axis cables were checked/adjusted for their proper tension? This can/may be a reason that column widths may vary.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

whoops....John's response came up just as I hit the send tab....ya beat me to it John......but you have the right idea....

Rod
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks Guys, Honestly, I'm not sure, I will have to ask my service tech if he has records of that. He did a complete checkover just last October, but not sure if that's something he checks for. Is there a way for me to check it myself?

Mike

Comment

Something that is often overlooked, is how the hoops are latching into the hoop arms. With enough play and at certain speeds the hoops can move , either right to left or front to back and give the appearance that the column widths are bigger, registration will also be affected and puckering will occur. This also happens if the arms are not tightened down well enough to the x carriage.
            Hugo Torbidoni
            Melcotech
            301-471-3157
            Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

PS
              What ever happened with your grabber time out issue.
              Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Hi Hugo, thanks for the response. I actually thought of exactly that and checked to be sure that the arms were secure and that there was not too much play. There is a little play but no more than the other machine.

Had a very smart friend of mine look at the timeout error issue and it turned out to be (at least so far) the sensor disc off the grabber motor had a little grease and/or dirt on it. We cleaned that up with a cotton swab and I have not had the issue since, been a few days. If anyone out there has a similar issue, let me know and I can explain it in more detail.

Comment

It's probably not the cause of your problem, but in case someone else runs into this problem...

It can also be caused by worn out screws that hold the arms to the x carriage. I was using a very big hoop at medium to high speeds and the combination caused the screws to begin to loosen up as the design embroidered out. Replaced the screws..Voila, problem solved.

Comment

That definitely is an issue. We have replaced those screws a couple times already. Wish they were a little heavier duty and maybe some kind of lock washers to hold them in place.

Comment

And as long as we're wishing...wing-nut type heads or speed flanges like high-end bicycle wheels so they can be more quickly unscrewed.

Comment

Working...
                      X