We have a ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a ghost

I am stitching on satin prom sashes using metallic thread. The Settings by Color is set to metallic. Most of the text stitches fine and all of a sudden the XT speeds up, changes the min and max numbers. I have loops of thread. Turned the computer all the way off, waited a bit and turned everything back on. No one touched the machine but it seems to have a mind of it's own. Any clues as to what to look at?
    Thanks,
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Sometimes the machines are smarter than we are and knows when to speed up and slow down in a design by its calculations. It outsmarts the digitizer! That is normal. I am guessing there are some settings that are not set where they should be or the presser foot is up too high or your thread is possibly not in the little V notch under the red rollers.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Normally that could be the case. The thread is in the V notch and the and the presser foot is all they way down. I caught it at the time it switched over and also found that it turned off the bobbin and thread detections. It is only doing it in Settings by Color. We are sewing another sample on our other machine to see if it happens on it. Our next step is to reload the software.
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Finished the second test and the settings got out of line again but this time the settings went the opposite direction and slowed down the machine. Remove the thread detection check. So we reinstalled OS and tried again. Same thing happened both with Settings by Color on and off. Moved to a different needle to make sure it wasn't a roller problem. This has happened on two machines, three different needles and two types of thread. I think I have to assume it is a software issue. Any suggestions?
        Thanks,
        Margaret

Comment

Make a new folder in your programs folder. CAll it OS 7 or what ever you like. Load OS 7 in that folder and try running it instead of 9.
          Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Working...
          X