Oil dripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil dripping

Occassionally we have oil which seems to be dripping from (hope I have the correct terms) the area where the Y rail shaft meets the X beam assembly on right side only. Is this normal?? Am I losing oil from somewhere I shouldn't?? I can see it on the base cover some mornings and also if I check the machines every now & then I see a big drop forming on the white frame around the area discribed. This is occuring on all machines. We have "tweener" xt's purchased in 2006.

How much oil are you using in the Y Rail Guide Blocks and when were they last lubricated or how often are you lubricating them?
    Rod
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

When it first came up in maintenance reminders after upgrading to version 10, I contacted Melco tech service because the amount of oil now asked for was 25 drops. A significant difference from the prior required amount. They instructed me to go ahead with the 25 drops anyway. So, I have done so. I must admit, I only do this particular maintenance when the timer comes up. Trying to remember if this has just occured since the upgrade, and I believe it has, but strange it's only the right side (as you face machines), but then again, I don't have all the knowledge you have.

Comment

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I have been trying to notice if it occurs after a certain maintenance procedure, and can't put my finger on it. I just wiped oil again today, and it's been a significant amount of time since I have done this particular oiling.

Comment

I believe the oil that you are seeing is coming from the Y rail oiling pad. Being these are the "tweeners" they are getting some age on them. The wear on the oiling pads, depending on the environment the machine is subjected to, cold, heat, dust, etc...may not be the same. I think the oiling pad on the right side is not able to handle the amount of oil that is being put into the oiling port. It would be like leaving the oil plug loose in the bottom of your cars oil pan and then putting oil in the filler...it is just going to dribble straight through and onto the ground.

The oiling pad is being squeezed as it travels along the Y rail and if the pad is worn it may let excess oil squeeze out and drip. I believe the older instructions only called for 6 to ten drops of oil be used.

With the "tweeners" the side covers were transparent red, the XTs were transparent smokey grey and you could see through them and by bending an oil tube spout in a horseshoe shape, you could reach up and squeeze oil into the oil ports. The XTS machines now have a non transparent cover and so it must be removed to be able to see these particular oiling ports and I believe the extra drops of oil was designed to facilitate not having to remove these side covers so often...

I would not worry too much about your problem, just keep the Y rails clean and maybe cut down on the 25 drops but add a few drops more often than what the timers call for.

The alternative would be to have the Y rail oiling pads replaced.

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you Rod. 1 less thing to worry about, and that's ALWAYS a good thing!

Comment

Working...
            X