Bobbin thread not being picked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin thread not being picked up

I'm suddenly experiencing that my bobbin thread isn't being picked up like it should be. I'm getting the popping noise followed by upper thread breaks, too.
    I did the rotary hook adjustment procedure as well as the Rotary Hook Support Adjustment.
    Can anyone provide guidance for what the correct remedy might be?
    Thanks!
    _ _________________ _ <br />Lawson Poling<br />Awesome Lawson\'s House of Stitch

Have you checked the retaining finger and made sure it hasn't come loose / is properly gapped?

How bout taking off the needle plate to make sure all looks good, and also check with the bobbin case out to make sure everything is clean in the thread path?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Yes, I did the retaining finger last. I had to take off the needle plate to do the Rotary Hook Adjustment. I brushed out the area and also sprayed it with air. I replaced the bobbin thread last night and had an opportunity to check the cleanliness of the case, etc.
      _ _________________ _ <br />Lawson Poling<br />Awesome Lawson\'s House of Stitch

Comment

A second bobbin case came with the machine. I tensioned it then put it to work. So far so good! I did tension the first one, but that didnt' do the trick. I guess I'll go ahead and order another one to have on hand if it ever happens again.

Comment

The bobbin case has to be cleaned occasionally as lint builds up under the flat sprint that the thread runs under. I take the corner of a business care and just slip it under the spring and get all the **** out. It always surprises me how much stuff there is under there. Once that is clean, try it again, and if that was the problem then it should be back to working well again.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks, Juli! I'll do that.

Comment

Working...
            X