Recurring Needle Breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring Needle Breaks

We are having issues when using the cap frame (the new Red XTS one - being used on an Amaya XT) with needles breaking. We've calibrated the hook timing and the back of the needle clearance with the basket which didn't help.

We see signs of wear on the needle plate at the rear of the hole. We've moved the needle plate as far back as we can but the needle still doesn't appear to be in the center of the hole. At bottom center, the needle is too far back in the hole but the needle plate will not go back any furthur.

The needles are bending and breaking when sewing low on the hat (close to the bill). I went through 9 needles trying to sew text low on the hat. I've never had this problem when sewing flats. The problem is worsened when sewing on hats with more structure.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have had this problem with certain caps. Try raising your foot when it gets down close to the bill. When you get close to the bill the fabric will not get close to the needle plate causing the foot to push forward deflecting the needle.
    Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I'm able to get lower on caps when I use the no frills green cap frame. It doesn't have the metal band that goes across the seam.
      _ _________________ _ <br />Lawson Poling<br />Awesome Lawson\'s House of Stitch

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll try raising the p. foot - we haven't thought of that.

Comment

Thanks Steve - so far it is working well and I've been running them all day. We were getting ready to get a tech out here. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
          X