basic tune up of machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic tune up of machine

I won a big red machine that I purchased in July of 2012. I am trying to get a tech to come and do a "tune up" on the machine, and just generally make sure everything is running well. I have bought some parts that I was told I needed, and was just waiting. I can't get a tech here. I know he is super busy...not blaming him. Meanwhile, is there a list of basic things I can do to make sure my machine is running optimally?

own not won. Sorry!

Comment

I wondered how one would go about winning an Amaya [img]smile.gif[/img] . Have you looked at your operator's manual? There is an entire list of maintenance/lubrication procedures.

Comment

Once a year I treat my machines to a full day of maintenance. I just go to setting, timers, and step thru each maintenace procedure from the 200,000 stitch to the 100M stitch. Of course this has to be done on a day when you have nothing but time to do it.

Comment

I just spent the last 4 hours going through and doing maintenance. I also replaced the thread feed and red pinch rollers last night. I am amazed at the difference in how my machine is running! I mean no disrespect to the techs out there, but do I even need a tech to come and do a tune up now that I have done all of this myself? I want to protect my investment and really am just trying to run the machine the most optimal way for the best results!

Comment

We do tune ups for customers but we tell them that if they aren't afraid to get a screw driver and a couple allen wrenches out, a yearly maintenance isn't something required. We do run across a lot of people that feel better about us coming and doing a tune up onece every year or so. We try to schedule them when we are in their area so they don't have to pay a trip charge on top of that. Before Nancy became a tech, she only had one service call in 10 years with four machines. Sometimes I feel like the Maytag repair man.
            Encore Embroidery<br /><br />Nancy Rasmussen<br />Certified Trainer<br />Bravo Sales<br />Certified Technician (Amaya&EMC/EMT)

Comment

Working...
            X