Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin Case Clicking

Hello,

We have twp Amaya XTs, and today, due to trimming problems, I did some cleaning on one of them, and I am since hearing a clicking noise when the hook runs.

The trimmer had been failing to cut, and in my experience, this means it just needs a cleaning, even when it's not "time" by the maintenance timer. I took the needle plate off and blew it out well, and I noticed that there was some thread wrapped around the post behind the entire bobbin assembly. This has happened to me before, and to get at it, I had to take off:

1. Both those little flanges that stick out below the bobbin assembly and

2. That arm that holds the bobbin case in so it doesn't spin beyond what it should.

Got the cleaning finished, ran the machine, broke a needle. Opened everything up again and realized I hadn't put the little arm back on correctly. I'd forgotten to make sure it was sitting in that little groove on the hook assembly that stops the whole thing from spinning freely. OK, fixed that, needle bits accounted for, ran the machine again, and it would sew, but made a clicking noise.

Took everything apart again. Needle is out, and clicking noise still happens, so I know it is not an obstruction to the needle, but something with the way the hook is spinning. I have opened up the other machine for comparison, and all of the parts look to be aligned the same way. When I push the emergency stop and rotate the shaft by hand, I can hear the click, and I can feel the resistance when it does it, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what is clicking. When the hook is in it's normal position (like when you turn on the machine and it rests there) there's that little pointy piece of metal that comes from the right and passes under the trimmer. When I rotate the shaft, the click happens when that pointy piece of metal is at about 2 o'clock, as the point of the trimmer passes over that hole that is then at 12 o'clock. I have looked closely, and there is not contact happening there. I just can't seem to figure out where it's happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Lisa Harkins

Having had the needleplate off and blowing out the trimmer.....you need to make absolutely sure that the pushrods are both still connected to the cutter and selector.

Having taken the retaining support finger off...did you use the metal guage to set the proper gap between the rotary hook basket and the face of the finger when you replaced it?

Take the needle plate off, if is not already and at the point that it makes contact, just rock the shaft back and forth until you discover what is touching and where....have you checked the hook timing?

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Cutter and Selector appear to be running fine when I push them in and out from the software.

I have taken this retaining support finger off many times and was not aware there was a gauge. I'd never had trouble with it before. I'll look into that.

Rocking the shaft back and forth (with the needle plate off), I can see exactly what position it's catching in, but I've looked and looked, and can't find the source of the contact.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

OK. I went through the whole timing and adjustment thing, and the sound is gone.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X