single head vs. multi head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single head vs. multi head

So...for those of you who started out with a single head and then added a head or more what made your decision for you? I'm wondering if i have enough work to warrant buying another head. So i thought you guys or some of you have already pondered this question. Please tell me your thoughts! Thank you!
    [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

We based it on the fact that we had more work than one machine could handle. We do a lot of small orders so we could sew twice as fast. We wanted to get things back to customers as soon as possible. Two machines helped us do that quite nicely. Realize that it will take some time to build up clients so you will be using two machines daily.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

We also do alot of small orders. I purchased my second machine so that 1 machine was set for hats and the other for flats. That way I could do a hat order at the same time as the shirts without having to stop and change frames. We do alot of single items as well as larger orders so if I have a one piece order I dont have to totaly stop production on my larger order to accomodate my walk in customer who is waiting.

Comment

Those of you who bought a second machine, did you buy new or used?
        [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Comment

Used. Both big reds. One through equip-used.com the other through the boards. One shipped, one picked up.
          Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Working...
          X