Moisture Wicking Sport Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture Wicking Sport Shirts

What would you recommend to your customer for this type of shirt? From a customer and embroiderer's view. Brand, style, weight?

Thanks,

Terri

Terri, this is a very hot fabric in Phoenix. Hot as meaning I sell lot of this fabric. I would recommend you steer clear of mesh styles. These snag very easily, go with a denser, snag proof style, around 5 oz or higher. For embroidery you really have to digitize for the light fabric, as few stitches as possible, and work with a combination of backings to get the embroidery to lay flat and not pucker. It is not the easiest fabric to work with but I certainly sell of ton of them.

Cindy

Comment

I might jump in here and also suggest using Solvy on top to assist with avoiding the push and pull of the stretchy fabrics.
      Sharon
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been trying to stay away from this type of fabric for those very reasons. And unfortunately, the designs that will be used are of very hair dogs.... I've notice some manufacturers do not put the weight in the description - in particular, Badger, Devon & Jones. Any experience with these brands?

Thanks,

Terri

Comment

We like/use Willow Pointe - 2000WP is 5.5 oz (ladies version of this is 2001WP. These are also snag resistant. We use www.carolinamade.com as a vendor for these.

The key for us to prevent "pulling" is using 2 layers of cut away spraying between each layer of backing with adhesive spray (and spray between the top layer of backing and the shirt itself). This helps prevent moving while sewing. We've sewn some very detailed designs with alot of stitches with minimal pulling. We use solvy on top as well.

Comment

Working...
          X