tips for flex fit caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips for flex fit caps

Any tips for flex fit caps? My straps do not want to hold them all the way thru the design. I've got them as tight as I can and still able to lock it...I've ordered new replacement straps in hopes that will be the ticket but I thought maybe you guys would have a trick or tip that I haven't thought of! Thank you!
    [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

I only do flex fit hats and found the only way I could get them to sew well every time was to buy the CCU (conventional cap fames) they work gret every time and are a lot easier to hoop. Was well Roth the investment!

Comment

Meant to type CCF not CCU. Sorry

Comment

Can you use them with the same hooping driver as the wacf? Or do I need to purchase more than just the frame?

Comment

Just need the frames. You can even select the Wacf as the hoop when you sew. That will allow you to sew closer to the bill. Just make sure you trace before you sew to make sure your needle won't hit the frame. I'm using old DS & OS so if you have later version you may have to select CCF. I would hoop a piece of material, then on material mark with chalk where your frame edges are, then do a trace. I sold my WACF frames and in 6 years have only used the CCF frames, and I have done lots of hats. Before I got CCF frames I had so much trouble I was ready to give up on doing hats.

Comment

Its so ooooo frustrating, especially under time constraints.... I was/am ready to say no to flex fit hats if I don't get this figured out asap! Thank you for your help.

Comment

Been there, done that. It does get better, hang in there! You can try steaming the hats to makes them mold to your fixture/frame better in the interim. May help you get your order done. Once you get it on the frame/fixture run your hand over it several times to form it before you pull the straps over.

Comment

When I do flex fit caps, I use 2 layers of stiff backing, and then rub the cap to soften the buckram a bit before stitching. I am using the wcaf on a big red.

Dorothy
                Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

I have Amaya XT, never seen or used big red. However, you should only need one layer of the stiff backing, if the hats are structured.

Comment

Well...I bit the bullet..having melco overnight 2 ccv frames.so we will see. I will also be trying the rest of these tips also! Thanks for the encouragement!

Comment

Believe me! You will not regret it. All your troubles will go again. And you'll be asking yourself why you didn't get it before.

Juli in Kona
                      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

We do a lot of Flex fit Caps & never have any problems hooping them. We have XTs using the the WACF. There easyer than reg caps

Comment

Make sure the part that holds the bill isn't restricting the cap from grabing the teeth on the frame. We have ours set so the stop is 1/4 in back from the teeth.

Comment

How do you change that part that holds the bill? I was thinking I would if it would work better not using the clip that holds the bill...

Comment

I took the part off, put it in a vice and tapped it and tried it untill it was 1/4 in from the teeth. YOU have to make sure the long part that has slide to hold bill is in the right position first, putting the frame on machine and rotating it slowly to make sure it doesn't hit. you have to bend it so it doesn't hit. Now you can do the first part with the little stop in the vice. Did this with all 8 of our frames and they all work great. Trace design befor sewing to be sure it clears the band. We use a measurement for each design from the bill to the red dot.This made our hooping caps very easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X