Design Shop V9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Shop V9

Every time after I setup a design and click on the X to center it my design disappers? Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Monograms N More

Cold it be that your bringing it in some how to the edge of the work area and the centering throws it out of view?

did you try zooming out and see if it is there.

I know it is a dumb thought but with me that is the thing I over look.

If it is not you may need to re install your DS.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

I've only tried lettering and its 1-3 inches. So theres no way that its going close to the edge. I can tell that the design is still there by the XXX's that remain but the lettering is gone!
      Monograms N More

Comment

Could you save a design your working with that is having this issue and send me the file?

Maybe I can see what is going on.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

That is another problem, when I go to save the design it just goes into thinking mode and shuts down.
          Monograms N More

Comment

With a design opened in DS, try "right" clicking on your 3D icon. If "Hardware Accelleration" is checked, uncheck it. Often times having this function checked will interfere with DS operations. Same with AOS. See if this helps....

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Can you just select the whole design using the icon tool on the left side of your screen, then hit the center icon located generally at the top of the screen, rather than hitting an X to select your design. That is used to select only the letter the X is on, not the entire design if you are doing what I think you are describing.

Comment

We had this problem a while back and I believe that we downloaded the drivers for the video card off the internet and we added more memory to the computer. That fixed the problem but I don't know which one did it. Hope this helps.
                Margaret
                Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Is it possible that your lettering is the same color as the background and that is why you can't see anything but the xxx's? Just a thought. Edna
                  Etched In Thread
                  Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Comment

Updated my video driver and ended up reinstalling Design Shop V9. Its an old Vista computer so I don't think that there is much more that I can do. Need to go computer shopping soon!!!
                    Monograms N More

Comment

Any windows XP computer should be able to run DS9
                      [email protected]
                      Jerome in Minnesota
                      (320)259-1151

Comment

Just remembered I also had some difficulty with things dissappearing in DS and was told to dis-able the Hardware Acceleration. You can do this by right clicking the 3D icon in DS and uncheck the box next to enable hardware acceleration. This worked for me when switching to DS version 9 That cured several problems. Hope you find something that helps as it gets very frustrating when things don't work like we want.

Comment

Whoops, missed the fact that Rod had also suggested this. Just thought of it so jumped right in without checking the other answers like I usually do. Rod is correct, this did clear up several issues for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X