HELP, Big Red Needle Case destroyed, Need New one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, Big Red Needle Case destroyed, Need New one

We went to an event and took our machine with us. Our trailer was in an accident and the embroidery machine tipped over. It didn't go all the way down, but the needle case hit our vinyl plotter and of course all the needles dropped but it also destoyed several of the rollers for the tension and the case I believe was tweeked at it was hit on the top right corner.

2 years ago when we had a complete needle drop due to the hooptech system striking the case we found out Melco doesn't make the needle case for big red any more.

If anyone has an old one that maybe the motherboard went out and they would be willing to sell the needle case we would love to talk! This is our only embroidery machine so we are dead in the water until we can get this case replaced.

Our tech is suppose to come by in a few days to give us his take on the situation, but we would like to see if there are any cases out there in the meantime.

Thank you,
    Sue and Amanda

Dear Sue and Amanda,
    I am so so sorry for your situation. I have no help but do feel for you. You might contact Sal at TexInc. He has a used machine section on his web site and may know of someone. Hope someone can help.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Sue and Amanda,

There probably is no reason that the needlecase cannot be rebuilt. Short of a really serious bashing where the needlecase frame is totally warped, it should be repairable. I have rebuilt several. Some but not all parts on the needlecases are interchangeable.

The main things on the needlecase would be bent needlebars and broken needlebar 4 packs to look for. If the frame isn't badly bent, it should be repairable. The threadfeed roller system is a separate part of the needlecase assembly and would be handled in a different manner than the repair of the needlecase.

If your tech has not been trained to rebuild the needlecase, let me know and possibly I can help out...If you like, send me some pictures of the needlecase and machine and I can give you a kind of heads up.... [email protected] who is your tech? If it is Hugo...he has all the qualifications necessary to handle a crisis like this.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Teech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Sue & Amanda:

I am sorry you had this happen to you. One thing you might want to look into is the possibility that the repairs or a replacement might be covered under insurance. If you did not have your machine insured, it could be covered under the other vehicle's insurance if that vehicle was at fault for the accident. You submit a claim if that driver was at fault.

B.

Comment

I just want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to Rod and Sharon Springer, and Hugo and all the other techs that are on the Amaya boards....You are fantastic and always always so willing to help anyone....I own 2 Melco EMT 10Ts so most of what is posted here is for the other Melco embroidery machines...but I have learned so much from the advice that is posted here....Thank all of you for helping us embroiders when we holler HELP!!

Comment

Sue and Amanda, So sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope all works out quickly and you find the help you need. I'd like to put a second SHOUT OUT to all the techs to thank them for their expert advice and help. Everyone here shares so much of their experience. This group is amazing!

Comment

I also hope things get resolved for you quickly!
              And I would also like to ditto on the shout out to all the helpful folks of this group!!!
              Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Working...
              X