Machine not following trim commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine not following trim commands

What would cause a machine to fail to see a trim command in a design? When loaded onto other machines, they recognize it. Doesn't seem to matter if it is a manual trim entered into the design, or auto trims set by the tie/trim feature. The "jump for trim" is set the same as the other machines. Have changed that, applied, set back to where it should be, applied, but still nothing. This machine does this for jump stitiches that should trim and regular trim commands in a design. It follows color change trims just fine. Everyday something new that causes me to scratch my head in wonder.

Have you watched this machine while the design is sewing out? One possiblity is that it is trying to trim, but because the knife is dull or something needs adjusting, it is failing to cut the thread.

Comment

Yes, I have watched to see if there was an attempt to trim. It just totally ignores the idea of a trim command. You can see the thread on screen as well as tho it is not recognizing there is a trim. Move the design to another machine and it's no longer visable on screen and the trim commands are followed. This is not a real new problem on this machine. It happens frequently.

Comment

If your design on screen shows the thread running between letters or areas and that is where you are having the problem, go to Columns and check the box that says trim and reduce the 2.259 or whatever to 2 and see if the threads on screen disappear. It should then trim more frequently.
        Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

Yep, it should, but it still doesn't. I've deleted the trim, re-entered it, changed the trim settings, re-applied, it just makes no sense at all. Other than that, the machine sews beautifully. I've had other odd issues with machines that also make no sense, such as one machine on occasion will not take changes made in the thread feed or auto lower limits, then perhaps it will. Thinking they have a mind of there own as to when and if they feel like co-operating. I've been using the Amaya's for 5 years, so it's not like I have no idea how to run them. We've un-installed, cleaned up fragments, purged machine files, gone off the internet, unplugged ethernet cords,dropped anti-virus, gone off the server, and so on. It's just weird. One of those..who knows, it just happens.

Comment

It may have forgotten that it has a trimmer. Try this-go to tools&gt;maintenance&gt;steppers&gt;detect trimmer (type). Then hit the set button above that to set it. Now see if it works- hope it does.
            Gregory

Comment

Please Enable Force Download in AOS. Turn off Amaya, wait 10 seconds and turn back on.
              Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Had this same exact problem, like the machine just forgot the trim settings. I was told that I needed a new motherboard but they were not sure. Turns out on my tools, then settings, then the Machine tab, the Trim Type was blank. Used the drop down arrow and filled it in with Normal and it worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
                X