Hat frame problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat frame problem.

Ok let me see if I can make this sence. While running hats the machine made a load thump sound the frame jumped and we got a X motor tracking error. Twice the rounded over side of the frame jumped up on to the bobbin cover and broke the needle.

It sounds like you may not have the hat frame locked onto the hat driver. Another possibility could be that your design is too large or wasn't centered when you stared sewing.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Outlaw,

You said "Twice the rounded over side of the frame jumped up on to the bobbin cover and broke the needle."

I am still trying to figure out how any part of the "frame" can jump up and get any where near the the "bobbin cover." Also, the whole 270 style frame is round and is completely captured by the cap driver, unless we are talking about the CCF/WAD old style frames.

????

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Yes it is the CCF/WAD frame. I was trying to add a pic but I guess we can't do that on this forum.

Comment

Wishes gave you a couple of good reasons to ponder. If the design is too large and/or the design is not centered in the digitizing program prior to being loaded into AOS and if it is possibly being sewn too high in the sewing field, the side or front of the frame may contact the sewing arm and be knocked loose off of the cap driver. Is the hoop detection enabled?

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

This is happening with a design we have sew out many times before and yes hoop detection is on. We set up another machine with the same design and it worked fine.

Comment

You can send pics to my regular email at [email protected]

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Rod
                Pic is on the way.

Comment

OH and this is a big red machine.

Comment

Sharon responded to your pic email.

On the Big Reds when using the CCF/WAD cap frame, the "wings"need to be removed. The wings will impact the sides of the CCF/WAD frame on some designs and create problems.

The wings were primarily used with the 270 degree style of frame. The raised bump on the needleplate will sometimes catch on the cap seams without the wings present, hence, that is the reason the wings were used and it helped smooth out the cap too.

There are many operators out there now( myself included ) that use just the standard needleplate and use the presserfoot all the way down and up 1 or 2 clicks just as you would on sewing flats. Seems to work just fine.

Rod Springer
                    Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Rod and Sharon
                      Thank you that did the trick. We are sewing hats now and I took the wings off of the other 2 trames as well.
                      Jerry

Comment

Working...
                      X