Actifeed not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actifeed not working

The actifeed seems to have stopped working. I have an AMAYA XT OS 9. Worked fine on Monday, turned it on yesterday afternoon and thread breaks after about 20 stitches. I since have realized that the red roller is not moving on any needle on auto or standard. I can advance it with my finger as it stitches and it runs fine until i give it to much or not enough. Anyone know why this would stop working? Did I accidentally turn it off completely? Thanks

Go in under tools>settings>thread feed. Thge default for col,umn feed is 40 and run/fill feed is 100, auto-lower limit is 1, but I set mine on 2. If these settings are correct, I would suspect that you have a faulty thread-feed motor. What in the world are you doing stitching at four in the morning, BTW?
    Gregory

Comment

Thanks for responding, those are the setting I have. I had auto lower limit set to one but tried 2(saw on different post). I still have the same problem. Looks like the hear is not even moving so the motor must be bad. As for the 4 in the morning- just trying to keep customers happy sometimes lots of work is good-sometimes to much is just to much. Like when your one head embroidery machine goes down for the count...lol gonna be a great day! Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I know what you mean about keeping the customer happy and meeting deadlines! ;-P Good to hear you still have a good attitude and outlook- it IS going to be a great day!
        Gregory

Comment

Another question- will the motor feed the thread when you press the laser key and the up button?
          Gregory

Comment

ON the keypad i pressed the laser button and up arrow, nothing happens. I did try this i found on another post-tool>settings>thread feed> them the home button and the fwd 200. I guess this is supposed to feed thread. The motor makes a noise like it is seized up.

Comment

Aha- time to call the tech, I think!
              Gregory

Comment

Jerry,

Did you check the main threadfeed drive gear on the threadfeed motor to see if it is bound up with thread or broken around it's hub?

Rod Springer
                Amaya Tech & Trainer
                Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Try to feed thread thru os software I believe it's under the stepper options. If it doesn't feed then it's a broken thread feed gear. Had this happen to me. Not an expensive part but would suggest you have a tech replace it.

Comment

Just got back into office, Hi Rod, I am not sure what gear that is but i will go look into it as it sounds like the motor wants to engage but only momentarily. I tried advancing thread under "Thread" where it says fwd 200... i was led to beleive this would advance thread. It doesn't. It makes a noise then nothing. Does this tell you anything?
                    Thanks for all the help I have been getting!

Comment

Ok I have found that there is a white gear that looks like it would be the one that meshes with the acti feed it just spins. This is the same gear that sometimes hits the acti feed gear and makes a lound popping noise when moving from needle to needle. Any thoughts?

Comment

Yes, that is the gear. Is it broken around the hub? Does the gear on the motor that drives this gear turn when the "Threadfeed 200" is activated in Maintenance, Steppers.....?

Rod Springer
                        Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Yes the black gear on the other side spins. Do we have a Winner?! I hope so. THANKS for the HELP

Comment

I would say from the information you have given so far....

"is the same gear that sometimes hits the acti feed gear and makes a lound popping noise when moving from needle to needle."

This is the root cause of the gear being broken in the first place. The gear fatiques from all of the bending during the snapping. The gear needs to be replaced.

Rod Springer
                            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Thanks for the help! I will order the gear and keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X