Help Not connecting to machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Not connecting to machine

I have a 2005 Amaya. We have it hooked up to a dedicated computer via crossover ethernet cable.
    Have had it for 2 years. We have had some issues with this machine, but never had a problem with it 'seeing' the computer. We moved about 2 weeks ago to a new shop and it has been working fine since the move. However last night while we were in the middle of a large order we lost connection between the computer and the machine. The OS is blank as if the machine is not on. We shut everything down and refired the machine but still nothing.

Any ideas? Our warranty ran out a year ago and we are a small shop with only the one embroidery machine so we are desperate.

Could the ethernet port have gone bad in either the machine or the computer that fast?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you,
    Sue

Hi Sue, I certainly would not consider myself an expert, but my computer just gave out this week. When I reloaded the software to the new computer, it wouldn't recognize my machines either. I had to go into tools and then choose machine config wizard in order for them to acknowledge each other. I am running Design shop version 700.112. Hope this helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

can u see the ethernetcard in the setup of the os? or can u see more than 1..if so choose the right one.
      werner

Comment

We are running design shop 9, but since the OS won't connect to the machine, I don't think it has anything to do with design shop. What I feel is so strange is that we did a sweatshirt, went to stitch out another design on the next shirt and the OS was no longer running. It just shut down like someone had turned off the amaya. Nothing changed between them, was only about a minute or so. We will try to reload the OS and see if that helps.

And yes, the OS is showing the correct ethernet port is being used.

Sue

Comment

You may want to try a different cable
          I know the other may have been the one you have been using and it was fine.

But the machine vibratins and ect could (prob. not I give you) but could have caused a failure in the wire.

the wire is about $5-$10.

I have had them go out in the past.

For no reason and then also because of a new puppy finding it....

Can't hurt to try.

By the way if you can see the port in the device manager on the computer then the port should still be OK.

the one on the machine the only indicator of the ethernet port working is on the motherboard there is an LED that indicates it being hooked up.

But it does require you to remove the tray and the top on the motherboard.
          I truly doubt it is the eithernet on the machine.

I would start with the cheepest component the cord.
          then restart very thing Computer, machine, AOS and go form there.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
          X