Need tech advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need tech advise

I have an amaya xt and yesterday it sucked up the fabric of a infant onesie I was embroidering into the bobbin area, broke the needle, and got a z-axis error. I finally got all of the fabric out, but now the stop finger does not keep the black bobbin holder from rotating around. I took that whole area apart to make sure fabric wasn't stuck anywhere, but still not right. Any suggestions before I waiting on hold to Melco?

Cindy in Phoenix

Cindy,

"I took that whole area apart to make sure fabric wasn't stuck anywhere, but still not right."

Does that mean you took the rotary hook assembly completely off of the machine?

Does that mean you took off the knife and it's carrier or the complete trimmer housing assembly which would include the knife and selector?

If all you did was properly replace the "stop finger" (retaining support finger), did you use the guage supplied with your machine to properly gap the finger from the rotary hook basket? This must be done or the machine will not sew properly, if at all.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,
      I took of the retaining stop finger, trimmer knife, and the two silver "housing" pieces that hold the black rotary hook assembly in place. I did all of this because the black rotary assembly piece was rotating freely, not meeting up with retaining finger. I replaced everything but the black rotary assembly is still turning freely. I truley was not aware of a gauge for gaping the finger from the basket. However the finger can not be moved any closer to the basket that I can see. It's like the black basket is sitting forward enough to meet up with it. Can I fix this myself, or do I get melco on the line?

thanks for you help.

Cindy

Comment

The two silver pieces that you are referring to, I think, are just guards for the rotary hook area.

Yes you can go through the hook timing procedure yourself, but it must be done absolutely by the book. Just getting it about right is not good enough.

When you loosen the retaining support finger and slide it back, are you positioning the finger into the vertical groove in the rotary hook basket?

Do you have your "Parts and Tech CD" that came with your machine?

In your starter kit, that also came with the machine, was a flat piece of metal about 1 inch wide, about two inches long with a protruding finger about 1/4 inch long by 1/8 inch wide. This gauge is about 22 thousands thick and is used, among other things, to properly gap the face of the support finger from the rotary hook basket.

I will try to roughly diagram it below.

: :

You will absolutely need your "Parts and Tech CD" to attempt setting the hook timing yourself. For someone not familiar with the procedure, I would venture to say that Melco may not want to stay on the line, as it could take a considerable amount of time to talk someone through it. They may just want to send you the printed instructions right out of the Tech CD if you are trying to do this on your own. For a tech to go through the timing procedure, it would take just minutes. But, to try and talk someone through the entire procedure on the phone, it could easily take 1 to 2 hours or even more.

If you do have your "Parts and Tech CD", on the Tech portion of the CD, in the Search tab, type in "Hook Timing Procedure" and follow those instructions absolutely to the letter.

It may be that the rotary hook has slipped from the binding, but it is a bit uncommon that the hook would move forward or backward on the shaft very much, if at all, unless it was a bit loose to start with. It usually will just twist left or right from its timed position because of the bind you described....that is why I asked the question above, about placing the tip of the finger in the "vertical groove" in the rotary hook basket. It must be in this groove to keep the basket from spinning freely and position the hole in the basket for the needle to go into at bottom center.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Rod, foud my guage and I do have my CD. I am a pretty confident when it come to working on equipment so I will follow the procedure. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

hugs and kisses for your help!

Cindy

Comment

Cindy,

Well, how did all that turn out for you? good I hope....

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Rod, I haven't done the hook timing procedure yet as I had to get an order out yesterdy and beind down to 1 machine, it took alllllll day long. I will be working on it today. I will let you know the outcome. Thank you.

Cindy

Comment

Working...
              X