thread breaks due to bobbin I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread breaks due to bobbin I think

The last few weeks or so I've had numerous needle breaks for no apparent reason. It seems that almost every time one breaks, the bobbin thread is wrapped around the lever that you grab onto to pull it out of the bobbin case. This locks the bobbin therefore breaking the needle. Is this a problem with the bobbin case itself? Seems like it is happening with both of my bobbin cases. I just ordered 2 new ones but haven't gotten them yet. Or does this sound like another issue? It happens on any and all designs, even something as simple as an outline stitch for applique or a 1" name done in satin stitch.
    Dianne<br />My Favorite Things

Rod is your next closest tech & trainer. We have performed tech work and trained in the Bay area. Call if you need to talk to Rod.
    208-898-4117
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I think Sharon's post must have been intended for another thread.
      Dianne, are you sure that you are not catching the bobbin tail in the lever when you are putting it in the machine? I've done this a few times and this is exactly what happens.

Comment

I thought that too, but I've been real careful and made sure that I haven't. I did some cleaning to my machine last night so I'm hoping that might help. I have also dropped both bobbin cases on the cement floor several times so that really could be my issue. I will know once I get my new ones. Also I haven't sewn but one design out this morning so far but it sewed like a charm so I'm hoping today will be a good day. Thanks!
        Dianne<br />My Favorite Things

Comment

Working...
        X