which Amaya parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which Amaya parts?

I need a few items from Melco, but not getting an answer to my email. I have the old brass thumb screws for mounting hoops to the machine; are the new steel ones M4x0.7?
    Is there an advantage to purchasing an L style bobbin case "with spring"?
    Finally, my machine hasn't been consistently cutting metallic threads; I've done a wipe-off test and my alignment seems fine so I guess its time for a new blade - do I need moveable knife PHSII, just plain moveable knife,or adjustable knife?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

What is the serial number of your machine? Is it a Big Red, a regular Amaya, or an Amaya XTS? All these things determine some of the part numbers.
    Gregory

Comment

It's an early Big Red, #320065. I want to replace the brass standard driver thumb screws that came with it and buy the new hex driven steel ones that Rod told me about.

Comment

Mamma Kass,

Here are the part numbers you are looking for.

12392-01---Thumb Screw M4 X 12 Lg. You need (4)But get some spares.

10186---Knife, Moveable. You need (1).

10187-01---Knife Adjustable. You need (1).

32577---Presser, Under Thread. You need (1).

10188---Screw, Set, Cone Point, M3. You may need (2). It would be wise to get a few of these extra as they can easily be damaged when trying to adjust the trimmer with an allen wrench. They are very small.

Mamma, be prepared to embark on a very potentially frustrating journey when replacing the knives on the Big Red. It is one of those things that can go together in a heartbeat or put a prayer on your lips and a curse in your heart for this little beast!!! The swipe test sounds easy enough, but what they don't tell you is the tiny set screws are very difficult to get to, let alone see. It does make the process easier if the rotary hook is completely removed and easier yet if the complete assembly is taken off and held in your hand to acomplish the task....make sure you are not pressed for time and have a bunch of jobs backed up when you decide to take this little task on.....

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks so much for the warning and advice. My summer is packed, so maybe I'll just live with the trimming problem until the fall when I hope to have a bit more time. Now that I've done some rotary hook work, taking the whole thing out doesn't sound so intimidating.

Comment

Working...
          X