Hooptech ictcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooptech ictcs

Hi I made the mistake of ordering this without first researching. Ordered it because of the cap back window. But later seen posts that it can break ur machine if not set up correctly.

I also didn't see it in the hooplist in ds. How would you go about setting this up in ds so that I could just select it like all the other hoops. Also I read that if you leave it on the machine on start up it can hit the needle case?

I have read many good things about the hooptech clamping systems but did I make a mistake in buying the ictcs? Should I have bought the slimline?

In the help menu, type in "hoop manager" in the search box & it will tell you how to customize your hoop list by creating your own hoop parameters. I found this very helpful when I switched from the WACF to the CCF. You can look this up in OS and DS.
    Gregory

Comment

Hi Gregory
      What hoop is a good starting point to set thi up?
      Thanks
      Chad

Comment

hi if anybody can help. dont know what i am doing wrong have been doing it like it says in the help manual but it always turns out funky...have been trying all day. even found one guide that give you points to follow but it still doesnt work...cant trace because the design is always out of the hoop area and the hoop limit seems really small.

all the people who have success using the ictcs can you please tell me what you did to get it working?

thank you
        chad

Comment

You can measure the inside of the hoop you are trying to use and then pick any hoop that has close to those dimensions in your hoop list. Just make sure you trace it out to make sure it is within your limit, VERY IMPORTANT. This is a temporary fix until you can get that hoop set up.
          Dianne<br />My Favorite Things

Comment

You have to make sure that your hoop parameters are precise, or well within limits- you may have to contact the manufacturer to get the actual sewing field. I go into tools&gt;hoop setup&gt;add hoop&gt;name your hoop&gt;then select the "type" of hoop on the next screen that pops up&gt;set your X (left to right) and Y (up & down, or back to front) parameters and hit apply. The hoop will appear at the bottom of your hoop list on both DS & OS after you do this. You can use the trace function to see if you are within (well within) the limits of the actual hoop. Please do this- I'd hate for any of us to damage our machines by hitting a hoop. If you need further help you can send me a private message or call after 6 EST 864-901-8459. Hope this is helpful to you.
            Gregory

Comment

Thanks Gregory.
              I ended up calling hooptech and theyll let me exchange it for the slimline version. Mark was really nice. I explained that I bought it kinda at a impulse buy seeing that it had the cap back window. But really wanted the slimline version after I already made the order and did research on it.

Also didn't realize that people were using the slimline to do cap backs till it was too late.

Will do more research next time...
              Thanks for all the help!!!
              Chad

Comment

Working...
              X