replaced knife~still won't trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replaced knife~still won't trim

I just replaced my knife and it is still only trimming 3 or 4 times out of 10. IS there anything else I can reset or calibrate cuz I can not continue sitting in front of the machine with sissors in hand while it stitches so if it fails to trim I can cut the thread before it breaks another needle!
    Debbie Rinehart
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Debbie,

Your selector is probably not traveling out far enough to pick up the bobbin and top thread. Check your Tech CD for information on how to go about setting the knife and selector. As techs we have special fixtures to aid in setting the correct positions of both the knife and selector. Do not make the mistake of loosening the one screw that holds the trimmer housing block assembly in place....

It may be and I suspect that the selector pushrod just has a bend in it and needs to be straightened so that the selector can make it's full travel during the trimming sequence. I see this quite often. To see this pushrod, you must remove the large lower cover off of the back of the machine.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have 4 XT's and 1 XTS- and when this has happened to me (twice), it was a bent selector cable (on the XT'S)- I keep a set of cables on hand just for this reason. Takes a lot of time to adjust without the tools Rod mentioned, but, with patience, I get it done. As far as the XTS- the trimmer assembly is quite different, but I haven't had any trouble out of it, so I haven't ventured into that territory yet...
      Gregory

Comment

Thanks to Rod and Gregory for the info I needed. I have decided to have my tech, Ben Day, take care of it since it sounds a bit beyond my level of expertise! Debbie
        Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

Working...
        X