Cap hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap hoop

Hi group, I am a total newbie on the hat hoop. I've looked through the boards and don't see an answer to this question...I got my Amaya XT a couple of years ago. I THINK the hoop that came with it is the XT WACF, based on the instruction sheet in the box and looking up the model number at MelcoMart. However, the training video talks about setting up the XT Extended WACF in hoop setup. I see both listed in the hoop setup screen, and if I click from one to the other, it appears that the hoop on my computer screen is a little different, but I'm not sure. Which should I use when assigning a hoop, and is there any difference? I sure don't want to tear something up by choosing incorrectly!

If you have a set of bars that are attached to a frame that slides into the dovetail slot on the bottom of the sewing arm and the cylinder is a separate part, then you have the Extended cap driver system. The XT Extended designation should then be used.

The WACF was for the pre-extended models that were all one peice.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Also...there is a cap instruction video that my wife Sharon and Herb Acree made that describes how to hoop and sew these type of frames "correctly".

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks Rod. I've actually watched Herb and Sharon's video twice this weekend, and found it really helpful. I will choose the correct hoop (extended) and give it a shot!

Comment

I have another question about embroidering on caps. I've done several practice ones and am still having one issue. My design is 2.2 inches tall. I am using the structured hats. My issue is that the bobbin arm (is that the right name?) is touching the hat crown at the highest point of the design and distorting the embroidery. I moved the arms so the design is as close to the brim as I can get it. Is the size of the design my problem? Or do I have the WACF installed incorrectly? Thanks all!

Comment

On a structured hat measure the height starting at the bill and end where the hat starts to make a definite curve. Take this measurment and subtract 1.14" and you get your design area. i.e. 3.25-1.14 = 2.11" This would be the max height of your design. It sounds like your design is a little to tall.
            I did the same thing you are doing until I took the class and found out my mistakes.

Comment

Thanks Laura. That's very helpful. Does the same sort of measurement apply to unstructured hats? I don't do any digitizing, so I didn't take the class.

Comment

Working...
              X