Thread shread/break ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread shread/break ideas?

My wife is reporting that our machine (XTS) is shreading threads very frequently right now. She has played with the bobbin tension to no avail. Slowing the machine down does not help.

It is the same on all needles (except for hot pink which acts up very frequently). She has done all the maintanance. She changed all the needles, no help. We use Active Feed.

I know the pressor foot is 2 clicks up from the bottom. We use Mediera thread. Today is a humid day in Texas.
    Posy Lane Inc.

Check your needle orientation
    make sure they are straight forward.
    NO more then 5% and that is VERY VERY slight to the right. never to the left.
    Also make sure they are all the way up in the clamp.
    Use a magnifier to check the orientation.
    Don't look at the eye look at the shaft of the needle at the grove it it much easier to see the amount on either sid of the grove, then the eye.

Also check for any burrs on the needle plate hole.

just a few things to check.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

My culprit always seems to be the bobbin case.

Comment

I was having the same problem on my XTS, I'm also in Texas. I turned my active feed off and it helped a lot. I am still having a few problems but nowhere near what it was. I didn't think that would make a difference but in my case it did. I also slowed my machine down and I think that helped as well. My pressure foot is all the way down.
        Dianne<br />My Favorite Things

Comment

Drose,

What active feed setting do you use?

Judy,

When you say bobbin case what specificly should I look for?
          Posy Lane Inc.

Comment

Ok I am learning new things. The needle plate was slightly to one side. And the needle was rotated slightly to the left.

I am doing samples with all that fixed and the pressor foot one click up. I'll see how far we get.
            Posy Lane Inc.

Comment

I use 3 for just about everything up to polo thickness. I up it for fleece, etc. and caps.
              Dianne<br />My Favorite Things

Comment

If you try a different bobbin case and the problem goes away, it was the bobbin case. I have tile floors and fingers that drop things. A few too many drops and they just don't work well anymore...

Comment

If the Auto Thread Feed is not working well please check the Auto Feed Lower Limit. Make sure it is atleast 2 or 3 points below what is needed. Is inder SETTINGS -&gt; THREAD FEED. For example, if I am sewing on two layers of 2oz backing the Lower Limit should be a 1 or 2. If I switched it to Standard Feed I would set it at 4.
                  Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Working...
                  X