Its broken now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its broken now

I was sewing a flat hooped design, heard a pop. Now the pressure foot is between 2 needles and 2 needle arms are sitting lower than the others.
    Tried turning the machine off and back on the needle case tries to but just ticks like it is jammed.

Any ideas? Other than a tech, that I just called. ( no answer but it is 9:15 pm)

the needle case tries to move, but just ticks like it is jammed.

Comment

cmack,

By golly....you have made a very good diagnois of the problem....

1. 2 needlebars are sitting lower than the others

2. the presserfoot is between 2 needles

3. like the needlecase is jammed

4. it is broken now

I'm sorry...I just couldn,t resist....my bad....

I suspect what has maybe happened is that the two black upper arm covers may have been misalined slightly causing one of the needlebar studs to not slide into the tracking groove on the opposite cover. Instead it collided with the edge, hung up and then POP, it slid on by, but not into the tracking groove and then wedged itself solid.

You are probably micro inches away from have multiple needlebars falling because of the needlecase being forced forward.

I would not keep trying to turn the machine off and on anymore until the needlecase is freed up.

You are probably wise to call on a tech at this point as the needlecase may have to be removed to inspect for other damage.

This would be my first guess from the description and information you have given.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
      X