My XTS is locked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My XTS is locked up

This happened while my wife was using the machine and she says she was trying to do a thread change.

The machine was on needle one. When powered up power up sequence starts, the LEDs come on, the machine goes "thunk" and then the machine resets. While power is on it will loop through this.

Something is odd. The machine is on needle 1 and the pressor foot is slightly to the right of the needle by 3/8 of an inch. Needle 1 is about 1/8th inch down. I can turn the motor shaft about 30 degrees which raises/lowers the pressor foot a little and spins the bobbin a little.

I am guessing that on power-up the motor is trying to turn a little and can't, and it is reseing the machine. I'll call Melco tomorrow but am hoping someone here has ideas as well.
    Posy Lane Inc.

Presser foot to either side of the active needle is NOT a good thing- call your tech or Melco now.
    Gregory

Comment

I called them and they walked me through a few things and it fixed it. It seems likely that the needle case snagged on the job during her color change and caused the problem. I think I could fix it myself now.
      Posy Lane Inc.

Comment

Posy Lane.
        Share with us what the fix was

Comment

Working...
        X