Second call for help - cuts and x motor tracking error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second call for help - cuts and x motor tracking error

Starting last week, designs that I had used for over a year began giving a problem. There were no cuts where cuts should be (except when there were color changes) and I also often got the x motor tracking error. These are designs that have been professionally digitized. Whatever I digitize myself works okay. I am still using v 7 of both DesignShop Pro+ and OS. Any help will be appreciated.
    Bill

Bill

Most likely your "Jump Count For Trim" is set to high.

Click on Settings then Settings again and lower the value for "Jump Count For Trim" to something lower than it is on. Just don't go to Zero.

You will get a message after you click on apply that basically tells you that it will reload the design with the new Jump settings. If you see the stiches on the screen where you know there should be a trim,lower the number some more until it goes away.

Remember,in the OS software, what ever you see on the monitor is what the machine will put down in stitches.

Your X Motor tracking error is probably caused by this as well. If the machine needs to move from one area of the hoop to another,and there is no trim,depending on the length of the move it will give you this error.

The reason is that the machine cannot feed enough thread out in time to cover the distance to the next stitch.
    Hugo Torbidoni
    Melco Tech
    301-471-3157
    Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Many Thanks for your help. I will try this. Hope it does the trick!
      Bill

Comment

IT WORKED! Thanks. Now, Friend, can you tell me WHY these files had worked for over a year and then all of a sudden I had to change the Jump Count. It was on a 12 and I moved it to 1 tonight. I am sure that I had not recently moved it higher.
        Bill

Comment

Bill,

Default value for Jump Count For Trim is #3.
          I don't recall any issues for this value changing on its own.

12 is very high for that setting. I can't think of a resituation where I would ever have to put such a value there.

Anyone out there that can?

Hugo Torbidoni
          301-471-3157
          Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Working...
          X