Thread Breaking, Static?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Breaking, Static?

My thread keeps shreading or just popping right in the middle of sewing. Called a busy repairman and he thinks its static....I've wiped the machine stand down with 1/2 water and 1/2 downy. He thinks it's also a low humidity problem with the heater just now coming into effect. Anybody have any ideas what I should do?

Same needle, different needles?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

any needle I try it goes about 15 stitches and snaps, it's driving me nuts. I'm only doing a bean stitch out line.

Comment

just dropped the presser foot and have a humidifier going...things are looking up

Comment

Have you checked your hook - make sure nothing is caught there or interfering? Definately clean the area out very well, canned air, check for threads etc, oil the hook - see how it goes.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
          Hilton Head Island, SC
          http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

In going to workshops it was suggested not to use bean stitch because of the thread breaks. I try to use walk stitches instead.
            Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I'm back at it again today....ran fine on a few bean stitches I did now doing a fill and breaking every 5-10 stitches. I ran a humidifier all night too. Changed the needle....any ideas welcome!

Comment

Check your presser foot? If it is down too many clicks it pulls the thread too tight...check the bobbin for proper 'drop'-if the bobbin is too tight (and it could just be lint under the tension bar) it will do the same thing...check your density...if the density is too low (3, 3.5, etc) then you are trying to put too many stitches in one spot...all reasons for thread breaking that fast.

Comment

The thread just shreads...

Comment

that sounds like the needle is hitting the needle plate-isn't aligned 'dead center' to the hole. You need to double check that with the 'center' command under maintenance (I think-I'm not at the machine) and drop the needle down, loosen the plate and move it to dead center. If the thread even rubs a little bit on that plate it will shred it right up.

Comment

has anyone sewn on the drape blackout lining fabric...what kind of needle would you use? Think that might be my problem...

Comment

If your thread is breaking on all needles and you have tried all of the suggestions posted, I would look at the possibility of a cracked thread feed gear. It's the white gear behind the needle case up high. If you move your needle case to #1 you will be able to see it. If you have experienced any clickng sounds when machine is color changing you may have a cracked gear.

Steve I.
                        Trinity Embroidery
                        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
                        X