Metallic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic Thread

Does anyone have suggestions for running metallic thread. Speed of the machine, thread feed settings, etc. Thanks

Here is what worked for me when I did 100+ warm-up track jackets: I set the color settings for just the metallic thread for this so if you are using a combination of regular poly thread and metallic the setting need to be done by color#.
    I used "Standard", not auto. 1100 SPM, 50 column feed, 100 Fill/Run Feed and 8 material feed. Tail=medium and Trim=Metallic.
    Hope this helps out.

Comment

There is a setting giving suggested speeds for different types of threads in your OS software. Go into SETTINGS/SETTINGS BY COLOR and then activate SETTINGS BY COLOR. You will see the types of threads and suggested speeds toward the bottom of that box along with THREAD FEED, etc.
      Sharon
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. I'll check it out.

Comment

Also use a needle for metallic thread.
          Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Oh, and if you have v9 OS, you can run AUTO thread feed on the metallic thread if you are
            1) running with SETTINGS BY COLOR like Sharon said, and
            2) adjust the THREAD FEED for the metallic thread to loosen the upper tension a little. I have set column feed to 42 and run/fill to 102 or 103. You may have to tweak that a little to get the best settings for your machine.
            Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Another quick note, metallic thread is thicker than regular thread. Metallic thread needs to be digitized properly or will look like **** when it sews out. Make sure your digitizer knows which color will be metallic.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. This is exactly what I was looking for. We should have started using the Group sooner!!
                Chuck

Comment

Working...
                X