What's happening at Melco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happening at Melco?

Just called Melco for information and two of my contacts are no longer employed there. Does anyone know what's going on over there?

Who were your contacts?
    Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Eli is gone ... and Maria is also no longer there.

Comment

I got a message from our sales rep and he has been layed off. Terry Loftis said that Melco had another reorganization and he was part of it. I really enjoyed him as a rep and also as someone who would solve a problem for a customer. I also know that they closed the training centers in LA area and one other place becasue so many people like the webinairs. That all I know.
        Margaret
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

If Melco wouldn't ignore complaints, they might be able to keep customers instead of laying off people. Many people are leaving because they don't have good customer service. I think Tajima and SWF are much better companies.
          I would rather support American made products but Melco has been playing many games with me and have no interest in buying another product from them.

Comment

As much as I love my machine, I feel the same way they seem to only care about the $ we have and see cusotmer sevice as something to avoid.
            If when I purchased there was no way of talking with other then paid or email I would not have done so. But they don't see how much business that is looseing them, sad.

I hope this trend turns around.

They need to loose management and keep the quality people they have been letting go.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Layoffs are happening everywhere folks - not just Melco...
              John Yaglenski
              Amayausers.com - Webmaster
              Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
              Hilton Head Island, SC
              http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I service all models of Melco machines,as well as Tajima,Barudan,Brothers,and so on.To echo what John Yaglenski just posted,it isn't just just Melco. All companies are feeling the pinch.

Hugo Torbidoni
                301-471-3157
                Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

When the economy goes South so does embroidery.
                  Embroidery is a luxury and something that most companies and individuals can cut back on.
                  My business is off 75% but since I'm retiring and only doing work for what is left of my customers I really don't mind that much.
                  I don't look for things to pick up for years, if then.
                  Times are changing.

Comment

I stress that getting your company name out there in rough times is even more important than when times are flush. My embroidery business has not decreased.

Comment

We've had one of our best years ever in 2010... I agree with you Knehmer.
                      John Yaglenski
                      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                      Hilton Head Island, SC
                      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

As always there are some in any economy that do good but as a whole if the economy was good the topic of melco losing employees would not be on the table. If the machines are running there will always be need for support.

Comment

Never been very impressed with their customer service, but at least they can get me parts when I need them. I mostly rely on my tech to deal with Melco- easier that way, at least it is for me...
                          Gregory

Comment

I'm with you John, We are as busy as we have ever been.

Steve I.
                            Trinity Embroidery
                            Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

John & Steve- I agree with you both- busy as bees down here...just glad to have a lot of work...could not do what we do without the Amayas.
                              Gregory

Comment

Working...
                              X