Z Axis Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z Axis Error

I was in the middle of sewing something and my machine started getting really loud as it was sewing and all of a sudden it stopped and the head 1 would not go up unless I let it sit for a second. Then it would pop up an error on my computer screen telling me the Z Axis had a tracking error. I have NO idea what this is it is not in the manual. And I need to fix it in a hurry.

The loud noise sounds to me like the needle 'bar' (behind the magnetic panel' that you were sewing with needs oil....and Z axis is 'up and down'....if you are using the same needle (s) over and over without moving thread spools to a different needle then those needles need extra lubrication behind that panel. Otherwise the felt pads in there dry out and the needle bar runs into friction, starts getting real REAL loud and it can force it into a stuck or stopped position. It's the first error we ever had back with our 'big Red' and we learned over the phone how to fix it...just oil the rod and wait for it to soak in...problem solved and we never had it again-always went through and added a couple drops of oil before any quantity sewing.

Comment

Had this problem twice before on two of our three our big reds. It is possible that the Z Motor is failing. On the old reds, the motor wasn't as powerful as it was on the later models and could fail.

You'll want to contact a tech. It's at least a 700-800 part alone if I recall correctly. It's been years though since I replaced ours.

If it is an older red, the high efficency motor is what you'll want and a tech is what you'll need to do the work if this is the problem.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Yup, John, the last time I kept getting that error over & oveer again on one of mine, Vince had to come put a new Z-motor in (new & improved, according to Melco)- runs like a charm now. I don't know the cost, as mine was still under warranty- just had to pay my tech for travel.
        Gregory

Comment

Need to know if it is happening on all needles.
          Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

I'm getting this same error on two of my machines. Everything was fine yesterday and then the messages started popping up today. Sounds like it's probably something I need to call my tech about or is there a "do it yourself" fix?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X