Pinch Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinch Wheels

I have a brand new Amaya and the thread keeps sliding out from under the pinch wheels. Has anyone had this problem? I just don't understand what is causing it. It is frustrating.
    Vic D.<br />Expressive Screen Printing

On all or just one?

Take the pinch wheel off - clean with warm soapy water, re-grease the hub, place back on the machine. See if it still does it.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

On 3 of them. I will try that Thank You

Comment

Use the right grease!
        There are TWO types of grease included in the maintainence agreement-one is for anything 'metal',
        the other is for 'poly' parts.
        Use the poly grease only and do NOT let any of it get onto the face of the pinch wheels or anypart that touches thread!

Comment

I did have one of the little brass bushing come off of one side of one of mine- make sure they are both still there...JMTCW
          Gregory

Comment

Someone else posted (look in the 'archives') that they have a complete spare set of the wheels, and just go through and replace all of them at once-then clean, grease and store the 'dirty' set for the next swap. Makes things go faster to do them all at once and have them all cleaned ahead of time.
            A hint-if soap and water won't remove the grease then it's the wrong type of grease on there...

Comment

Thank You for all the help. I cleaned them and it's running great now. What is the best needle to use? I got some Organ Needles with the machine, the gold one and the tech said they were the hardest and best to use. But I can't find them on the net. Madiera has needles, are they any good?

Comment

I think he means the gold colored ones which are actually Titanium needles..
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                Hilton Head Island, SC
                http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I use the Schmetz needles from Madiera- tried the titanium ones, but the stuff seems to fleck off & cause problems. My favorite is the 75/11 light ball- use them for everything I do.
                  Gregory

Comment

gcannon what is the order number for them at Madeira? They have different sizes and being new I want to make sure I get the right one.

Comment

Groz-beckert are good needles to use too!

Comment

The needle description is #75/11 ballpoint and the ordering number is 100-75-11-B. $22.50 for 100. madeirausa.com or 1-800-225-3001.
                        Gregory

Comment

Working...
                        X