Decibel Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decibel Level?

We've recently had an increase in business and thus been running our machines a lot more. Now, the three people that work in the sewing room are complaining that the machines are having an adverse effect on their hearing, which I've also noticed. I've checked the technical manual and the casings of the machines and can't see any declaration of the decibels produced by these machines. Does anyone know what the decibel level is on the following machines?

Amaya (original)
    Amaya XT
    EMT-10T

We're also running two industrial sewing machines, but I've been able to find information on them. I was hoping to avoid purchasing a decibel meter, as one that meets the OSHA regulations is ridiculously expensive.

email Melco they should be able to provide this Information...
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

We wear ear plugs. You can get several varieties at Lowess or Home Depot.
      Margaret
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Ear plugs- definitely a good idea- especially in a small place...
        Gregory

Comment

We're using earplugs but wondering if the ear plugs are adequate and meet regulations. I'll see if Melco feels like sharing this information without charging me an arm and a leg per minute. (We're part of a large company, so we're required to comply with some regulations that small or home businesses aren't necessarily required to abide by.)

Comment

Call the sales department instead of the helpline. Margaret
            Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
            X