Thread Knife Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Knife Blade

I have had my machines for a while now and have not replaced the knife blade (where it cuts the thread)
    Can someone please tell me know to do this or point me in the direction of a tutorial. I cannot seem to find it in a pull down on the computer or in any of my books.
    Thank you,
    Pam
    Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

Hi Pam, need to know if you have an XT(Round Needle Plate) or an older Amaya (Flat Needle Plate).
    TJ
    Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

I think it is the round needle plate. I have had my machine since End of Dec 07. They are the 2008 model.
      Thank you!

Comment

Hi Pam, Its really simple. Remove the needle plate. There you will see the trimmer assembly. There is a flat clip that wraps over the top of the assembly with a hole in the top. Use a small screw driver and pop the clip off by prying on the bottom right of the clip. Then lift off the knife. While you're in there clean it out with compressed air. Replace the knife blade. It is important when reinstalling that the Push Pull Cable be re-inserted. You will notice that there is a small hole in the back of the knife for the push pull cable to be seated.
        Good Luck!
        Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Thank you. I will try this and let you know if I have any problems.
          I just love this forum. Everyone is so kind and helpful. THANK YOU!
          ~~Pam

Comment

Working...
          X