Z- Axis error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z- Axis error?

I was sewing on a martial arts belt with Metallic thread and was having major problems with thread breaks. Then, all of a sudden I got a Z-axis error and the needle head was down. The machine went to head up fine when I told it to; but now when I try to sew again, it Z-axis errored again. I'm afraid to keep trying...anything I should do?

I had a z-axis tracking error yesterday.The technical support man told me to hit the emegency shut off button, then turn the machine back on. Everything worked as it should. Hope that helps.

Comment

I've had that happen too and was told the same thing... also, on another day, the same machine seemed to just die. No power. Wouldn't restart. Tech and I tried several different options and it turned out that the emergency button was again the culprit. This info may help you down the line . . . it took us a couple of hours to figure out.

Comment

I did the whole emergency stop thing and everything seemed fine, however as soon as I tried to sew again it errored again. Everything is fine now - I did a rotary hook maintenence, spun the hook a few times and sewed out some straight letters. But, I was wondering if anyone knows what causes a Z-axis error so that I can avoid this in the future?

Comment

How often to you get the Z Axis Timing Error?
          Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!! this wasnt my problem-until today-i got the error too-i went and did all the things you all wrote and as i sit here my machine is humming away!!!! i cant believe it-i was going to wait until tomarrow and call the tech support and now i dont have to!!!! thanks to everyone who had input and to Heathertma for asking!!!!
            t.patterson
            t.patterson

Comment

Working...
            X