x axis cable problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x axis cable problem?

I have an ancient Big Red with the original DS software and do most of my own digitizing because we do a lot of large scale (8"x16")designs with vines, crosses, flowers etc. for church vestments, altar covers and the like. I'm still having many learning experiences, but I'm very glad to find this site because we are located in a very rural area, are poor as church mice, and can't afford a tech visit. I used to get help from a very nice young man named David Trevathan at Melco, but he's no longer there and they want to charge per minute even to talk on the phone.
    Since my machine is so old I thought I should probably check my cable tensions, but found out that the parts to do this cost over $400. Now my machine has started sewing satin stitches in the lower left quandrant of the largest tubular hoop too wide. A general problem with wide stitches occrred a few years ago and David had me grease my x rails more often - problem solved. Now nothing I do seems to help. I was going to do a test design with wide satin stitches in various locations around the hoop, but first I'd like to ask you experts for suggestions.

Mama Kass,

Are you talking about the full jacket back wooden hoops? That can be part of your problem. The larger wooden hoops can flex quite a bit the further they get away from the center.The faster you run the machine the more the distortion.

Your other problem is the cable tension itself. If you have not had your machine serviced in a while ,chances are that your X-cable has stretched. On the original Amayas "Big Reds" it it harder but not impossible to adjust yourself.

If you feel you want to try making this adjustment give me a call and I'll be happy to walk you through it.

Hugo Torbidoni
    MelcoTech
    301-471-3157
    Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Hugo,
      Thanks for your reply. I have used the big hoop for years w/o this problem, so you're probably right about the cables. Also, I've recently noticed the left x cable moans at slow speeds, but the noise stops if I put light pressure on it.

I'd certainly appreciate help in attempting the adjustment myself, which I was planning on doing using the manual which came with my OS software. The problem is that a pressure gauge and adapter is required which cost almost $400; this seems extreme to me. Money is definitely an issue for me - its why I went on-line and found this site. Is it possible to obtain a "generic" gauge or to rent or borrow one? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mama Kass

Comment

Mama Kass,

Give me a call.

I will be happy to help.

Hugo Torbidoni
        MelcoTech
        301-471-3157
        Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Working...
        X