Hooping Sun Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooping Sun Visor

I bought some Sun Visors, the ones with a big bill and the cap part is missing the two back parts a "ponytail" style. It is unstructured. I didn't even think about hooping before I bought these. I have finally been using the "cap" frame by Fastframes. But I only have one and the time it takes to hoop is really long. And I am praying a lot that the needle isn't going to hit.

I would much rather use the WACF Extended. But van't figure out how to actually get it to hoop. Anyone done these hats?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

I've done visors and the ponytail hats several times on the Amaya and many many times on my Tajima.

The process is the same with the Amaya as it is with normal hats. The biggest catch with the Amaya WACF is that the visors have enough material to get "sandwiched" when you pull the wire hoop across. This problem is not unique to visors though.

Once the top is clamped, be sure to pull the sides and clip those down as well.

For backing, i normally "beef" up my backing for visors and unstructured hats. Instead of using 1 or 2 sheets of middle weight hat backing like I use on structured hats, I use heavy weight tearaway that I normally use on flats. I just cut it and fold it over. The heavyweight backing will provide the support needed for the hats and visors.

Good luck!
    Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

These hats are not you normal "visor". They are sun shades with a huge brim. A normal hat, from the center seam out to the edge of the brim is 2 3/4", This Sun shade is 4". And the normal measurement of the brim from side to side measuring right at the seam, is about 8", The Sun shade is 16.5". So I can hoop it; it's just that I am having a terrible time actually attaching the hoop to the machine. Just no room for the brimand I can't see what I'm doing.

Comment

Yikes! hmmm... i've never worked with those before. wish i had to work with so i could see what's going on. hopefully, someone will stop by this thread and offer some advice. Sorry I couldnt help. :-(
        Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Just wanted to let all know that I finally solved my hooping problem with the Sun Visors. I broke down and bought 2ea 12 cm hoops (round.) Have been stitching away nicely on those hard to hoop hats. I have had to adjust some of the designs, but mostly that are pretty good as they are. It works just fine with the 12 cm hoop.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Working...
          X