Thread coming out of needle during sew out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread coming out of needle during sew out

I looked through old discussions to see if I could find this happening to someone else, but found nothing that sounded like what's happening to me so hopefully someone has an idea of what to try.
    I have an order of 100 golf towels. I stitched 81 with no issues. On #82 it was halfway through the design and the thread started coming out of the needle in the middle of a color sewout. I tried another towel and on the first color of the design this happened again about 50 stitches into the color.
    I've tried cleaning the trimmer/bobbin, oiling the trimmer, replacing the needles on the 4 colors used in the design, sewing the design using different colors on different needle positions, adjusting the presser foot height, checking the bobbin tension(although the bobbin thread stays connected to the sewout when the top thread comes up out of the needle), the in and out stepper, going to a different design (which sewed out fine using one of the same colors used in the golf towel design)then going back to the golf towel design, same issue. This is not at trims, but during the middle of a colors sewout. I have to have the last 19 towels done for tomorrow. Any suggestions of anything to try are greatly welcome. Thanks!

Are you using auto acti-feed? Are the thread feed rollers clean and well lubricated? Sounds to me like you are too tight on the thread feed. Try lowering the number on your colums and upping the number on your fills & see if this helps.
    Gregory

Comment

The thread can't just come "out" of the needle in the middle of a color unless, it breaks, or it is at a color change on start up, or is at a trim. Other mechanical issues could be hook timing, threadfeed motor, roller lubrication, threadfeed cam disk wear, lubrication in general, needle depth, bad cones of thread, etc......especially the needlebars, rollers, and reciprocator. But, if the machine will sew other designs without issue, well...back to the culprit...towels and the specic design you are sewing.

Where is your presser foot height at? It should not be up more than 1 or 2 clicks from full down. It should not be "just touching" the surface of the towel. It needs to be compressing the loft out of the towel.

As far as the bobbin thread still being attached, it is attached at the last "completed stitch" as it must tie in with the top thread to complete a stitch. How tight or loose "is" the bobbing tension?

Will this golf design sew on other types of fabic without issue?

The kicker here is that you indicate that you sewed 81 without issue.

Is the "auto acti-feed" actually working? That is, do you have lots of activity showing on the display graft? Where is the "auto lower limit" set to under Settings,Threadfeed?

How tight/loose are you hooping? Is the backing being hooped tightly with the towel material? What kind of backing?

Bottom line....as I said before, the thread cannot "just" come "out" of the needle in the middle of a color unless there is a separation, which means it broke or there is a trim or color change.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Uggggh.....Bobbing? How about bobbin...and threadfeed cam disk?....how about takeup lever cam disk....its too early....

Rod
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Just curious...when I've had thread problems like this (and it happens rarely but it has) I just rethread the needle, cut out the last sewn threads and back up the needle position, then restart with thread speed down to about 600-until it gets past the trouble area, then speed it up again. When you take the hoop off the cut the threads, check underneath for a birdsnest...generally that's the problem I find...I just wonder why you immediately toss the towel and start a new one?

Comment

I ended up cutting the speed in half (which took forever to finish), but I limped through it. However now I have a problem with bobbin thread peeping through the top of the design. Its happening on all designs even just text from Design Shop. I've tried it set to AutoActifeed and also Standard with the material thickness adjusted to the presets in the machine for the appropriate material. Any thoughts would be great.
            Thanks!
            Natalie

Comment

Sounds like you need to increase your bobbin tension and/or decrease the actifeed.

Comment

I've tried the actifeed at different levels with different designs on different materials with the same result. With increasing the bobbin tension, do you just mean with the screw on the bobbin case or somewhere else? Please advise.

Comment

Yes, the only way to increase bobbin tension is to turn the screw on the bobbin case; just keep in mind if you increase the bobbin tension too much, it will affect acti-feed & could cause other problems- such as puckering, especially on knit fabrics.
                  Gregory

Comment

Try cleaning the bobbin case..you can get a wax build up or just dust under the "finger" on the bobbin case...

Paul Harrison
                    Make It Sew Embroidery<br />355 Elmira Rd. N. unit 118<br />Guelph, Ontario<br />519-763-4651

Comment

Working...
                    X