PCB help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCB help!!

Alright - I've searched and searched but can't find any information on the PCB. There is a grey button in the center of it that I think would act like a 'CMOS clear' button on a PC.

I'm sure that my problem is on the PCB because it gives a false thread break after three stitches, with no thread break. We have four XT machines and I swapped in a known good threadbreak sensor - no luck.

Then, instead of cutting all of the ties and swapping the harness, I just swapped PCBs between a known good one and this machine. The problem went with the PCB. Exact same symptoms/behavior.

We got them with extended warranties, a tech has come out ($$$ for travel), numerous hours have been spent with tech support, all to no avail. This machine has been the only one of the four that has been problematic. We let the warranties expire because it seemed like we were just throwing money at it and not getting the problem fixed.

I'm an engineer that is used to working with control systems (industial CNC metalcutting equipment mostly), and I can see where the SRAM, DRAM, CPU, etc. is located and I can read the LEDs to see which state the control is in.

If anybody can give me any information on the PCB reset button, it would be greatly appreciated.

[ September 15, 2010, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: levelbest ]

Just to clarify, when I swapped PCBs between machines, the one that wasn't working worked perfectly (even at 1400SPM), and the one that had worked perfectly before the swap had the problem of false thread breaks. So the problem traveled with the PCB. That's why I'm asking about the reset button.

Comment

What do you mean when you say "PCB"?
      Gregory

Comment

The main control board in the base of the machine. (Printed Circuit Board - it's what it's called in the part diagram).

Comment

Okay- appreciate the clarification- not in my area of expertise, as you might have guessed. But I know a great tech- but he's in NC- can give you his # if you like. There is a good tech in your area though, but I can't remember his name.
          Gregory

Comment

I don't know whwre you are located but you might place a call to Hugo Torbidoni @ 301-471-3157. He may be able to help you out.

Comment

Hi Brian, the color thread feed motor is a stepper motor. I believe there might should be 2 LEDS that represent the states in Binary (Red and Green) ( I know that is the case with the color change). Laser Up arrow will give you a thread feed advance of I believe 91mm? But either way you should see the LEDS flash through all 4 or 8 states (if off is a state, I can't remember). But look at the color change for reference.
              Todd J.
              586-909-3913
              Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Brian,

The button is not a "CMOS clear". The only way to reset an Amaya PCB in the field is to turn on Force Download and restart the machine. That will resend the embedded code, including the thread break processor code, to the machine. The thread break processor then run the new copy of the code when the machine is started.

You've already done the troubleshooting on this one. Since the problem moves with the board it mostly likely needs to be replaced.

Comment

Brian,

As FME540 has stated if the problem moved with board it most likely needs to be replaced.The part# on the main board, does it end with a -17? If so give me a call.

Hugo Torbidoni
                  MelcoTech
                  301-471-3157
                  Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Working...
                  X