Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise

The other day I had a needle break and after replacing and doing a visual check it seemed all was well until I hit the start button. The needle seemed like it was making a louder than normal noise. I quit using it and tried another and the noise was normal. Now after taking a day off I was using the machine and it now seems that all the needles are loud. Something is off but i don't know what. I looked for the presser foot to be hitting something, Greased the cam, oiled all the rods top and bottom, and oiled the rails. I seems something is out of wack. BTW this is 2004 big red. Thanks ahead for all the help.

Bruce

Do you think that maybe the presser foot is too far down?
    Gregory

Comment

There are too many things that could cause the noise you have described. It may not be a "needle" that is causing the noise.

presser foot shank touching the grabber trap at high speed

needleplate hole not centered

worn takeup lever cam disk

worn reciprocator

worn connecting rod

worn connecting rod stud

front needle case cover not centered( takeup levers striking the edge of the slots)

retaining finger gap adjustment too tight

thread wrapped around threadfeed gears

thread wrapped around the main threadfeed drive gear

thread wrapped around the threadfeed drive gear flag assembly

worn presser foot cam and/or follower assembly

Should I go on? There are many more.....

It may be time for that dreaded tech call to have the machine thouroughly checked out....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Might wanna listen to Rod, as I've never even seen a Big Red.
        Gregory

Comment

Big Red refers to the original Amaya which was released prior to the Amaya XT, Bravo and XTS models. Some here on the list called their Amaya "Big Red" and the name stuck.

Ed Orantes
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Although, not too many, there are definately some significant differences between all the different models and it takes a trained tech to know the differences and how to service them.
            Rod is a leading authority to which I consult.
            "Listen to Rod" is correct.

Ed Orantes
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Well it seems that the machine needed a rest and more importantly a drink. I had been oiling the needle bars more frequently than what the software calls for and I was trying to pay attention as to which needles were getting more use than others so I could oil more frequently. Alas I need to be better than that. after oiling and allowing the machine to sit over the holiday apparently the oil soaked in the gaskets (if this is the case and no there is no more noise. Thanks to all.

Bruce

Comment

i am looking to buy 4 of the Amaya machines. i have always had brother but do like the idea of adding machines instead of buying them all together. my question is: is this machine all they build it up to be? i like what i see but have made bad decisions before. I am looking to spend about $40/k and would like input. thanks
                TONY P

Comment

Working...
                X