Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clacking & false thread breaks help

Hi everyone,
    I'm getting ready to leave the country but I'm leaving my machine with a new embroidered. He has had my Amaya XT for about 2 months. He called me this week saying the machine has a bunch of false bobbin breaks.

Usually, for me, that's always meant the top tension is too loose. Anyone, went to his house and sure enough. I tried sewing a design that has a large fill circle. It did about an eighth of it and then started with the false bobbin breaks every 10-20 stitches.

It is also making this clacking noise particularly noticable when it does the 4 slow stitches at the beginning. I think it sounds like it's coming from the top of the machine around the levers or the presser foot; it's hard to tell.

I've oiled the top and bottom of the needle bars. I've done the 2Mil maint with the 24 drops of oil. I've tried different needles same problem. I've slowed the machine down to 600spm same problem. I'm sewing on twill with medium cutaway backing. The fill is not too dense. In fact it is kind of light because other stitches need to go over it later in the design.

I've never had this problem before. He said he was stitching a design, almost done, when the problem started. He did have a needle break the previous week and he could not find the needle tip, but I've cleaned & lubricated the hook area & trimmer and did not see the tip. He also sewed out some shirts after that just fine before the problems started. Any suggestions appreciated, please!

Also, if there are any techs that travel near Las Cruces, NM (about 40 minutes west of El Paso), please let me know. I've had my machine since 2006 and it could probably use a tech to look it over.

Perhaps an over the phone consultation with a tech might do it? Anyway, I have some last minute sewing to do before I get on a plane on Sept 5th for Belgium. And, I would like to leave a working machine. Thanks for your time and help.

Loyda
    Loyda Olson<br /><a href=\"http://www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com</a>

Check your presser foot height. If you haven't had a tech go through your machine for a good PMI, I suggest you contact Rob Wood (tech in NM) at 505-486-4696.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

The retaining support finger gap needs to be adjusted with the supplied guage. If the finger is shoved tight up against the rotary hook basket, the thread will "snap" across the face of the finger as it is trying to get past it. If you have had this off or something has gotten caught in the hook or someone has tried to time the rotary hook or, or, or....the gap must be present between the tip of the finger and the rotary hook basket for the Amaya to sew properly...

Rod Springer
      Amaya tech & Trainer

Comment

Thanks, Sharon. The presser foot height is set to one click up from the bottom. Is that what you mean?

Rod, are there instructions somewhere for adjusting the retaining support finger gap? Thanks.
        Loyda Olson<br /><a href=\"http://www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com</a>

Comment

Yes, sounds like the presser foot is fine. Check your parts CD for instructions on adjusting the retaining support finger gap (I think that is the CD--should have come with the machine). Sorry, Rod isn't here right now to ask.
          Sharon

Comment

Working...
          X