T-shirts/Polo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-shirts/Polo

I am fairly new to the industry and am struggling with doing simple lettering on a tshirt. I have done blankets, stockings, vinyl, and leather. My stitches on the tshirt aren't stitching out right and are sometimes missing stitches. What am I doing wrong??

It sounds like everything you have done so far is non-stretchy. Stretchy is an ENTIRELY different animal.

T-shirts are my nemesis. (just kidding)

There are a lot of things to check. First -- more backing? At least two layers, usually a different type than the multipurpose stuff we all use a lot of, usually laid at 90 degree angles.

Second -- sticky spray? Spray your backing and work it onto your t-shirt. Get the shirt perfectly tight on the backing WITHOUT stretching it.

Third -- design? Nothing too dense or bullet proof.

Fourth -- hooping? Tight without being OVERLY tight or stretched.

Fifth -- needles? Are you running ball points? Makes a difference.

Sixth -- simple lettering? Ain't no such thing! LOL Thin columns are a nuisance.

Seventh -- topping? A clear wash away will keep the stitches on top of the fabric. It goes in the hoop atop your shirt. It does not have to be sprayed/flattened.

Eighth -- trial and error? Lots of it. You now have a practice shirt. You can learn a lot from that shirt, and I KNOW there are lots of other things I am forgetting. Machine settings, etc., I can't give you because I refuse to do tee's.

Welcome, and best of luck!
    Judy

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
      It sounds like everything you have done so far is non-stretchy. Stretchy is an ENTIRELY different animal.

T-shirts are my nemesis. (just kidding)

There are a lot of things to check. First -- more backing? At least two layers, usually a different type than the multipurpose stuff we all use a lot of, usually laid at 90 degree angles.

Second -- sticky spray? Spray your backing and work it onto your t-shirt. Get the shirt perfectly tight on the backing WITHOUT stretching it.

Third -- design? Nothing too dense or bullet proof.

Fourth -- hooping? Tight without being OVERLY tight or stretched.

Fifth -- needles? Are you running ball points? Makes a difference.

Sixth -- simple lettering? Ain't no such thing! LOL Thin columns are a nuisance.

Seventh -- topping? A clear wash away will keep the stitches on top of the fabric. It goes in the hoop atop your shirt. It does not have to be sprayed/flattened.

Eighth -- trial and error? Lots of it. You now have a practice shirt. You can learn a lot from that shirt, and I KNOW there are lots of other things I am forgetting. Machine settings, etc., I can't give you because I refuse to do tee's.

Welcome, and best of luck!
      Judy
      Thank you Judy. I'm gonna try again....

Comment

Working...
      X